Monday 27 October 2014

Thinking about the Fabric of a Place

I am interested in making paintings/drawings associated with the places of my childhood and I began by using the coastline where I grew up as a site for investigation.
In the 'Fabric of the Coast,' I aim to depict something new or change the accepted understanding of the Sefton coastline through conversation with diverse groups and through the creative expression of ideas.

BevBush_coast_01



















































































































I’m currently working in conjunction with The Atkinson, Southport, on a Sefton-wide arts project that explores the environment, sounds and images of the coastline from Crosby to Southport. The activities organised by The Atkinson include artist-led walks, workshops, environmental art sessions and the creation of ‘Chorus of the Coast’, a sound art composition written and performed by local schools and community groups.
I’m preparing a showcase of watercolour sketches which depict our shoreline, aiming to inspire a series of pattern designs to form the ‘Fabric of the Coast’ which can be presented in a playful digital format. This draws upon my experience of the coast during my childhood where I revisit the flora, fauna and the changing mood of the area.



























No comments:

Post a Comment